Monday, December 3, 2007

Queen B Talks Remy Ma Beef & New Mixtape



The Bee is back in the booth. "I rock rough and stuff, still they put me in cuffs," she rhymes with her feminine ferocity to the approval of the Track Masters, Tone and Poke, who are in the control room in New York's Battery Studios helping Lil' Kim finish the last bit of her new mixtape, Ms. G.O.A.T.

Kim is rapping over Dr. Dre's instrumental to the Lady of Rage's "Afro Puffs." "She's from VA," Kim said of Rage. "A lot of people don't know my moms and pops was born in VA. ... I respect her gangsta, [it's] crazy! So I did it over."

You can also look for remakes of Lauryn Hill's "Lost Ones" and MC Lyte's "Cha Cha Cha" on the mixtape, which is a joint effort between Kim and DJs Whoo Kid and Mister Cee.

"This mixtape is special to me because I do a lot of female-rapper songs over, and it's almost a tribute to them and a thank-you and a shout-out," Kim said. "If no one else is gonna recognize them, I'm gonna recognize the women I looked up to and respect and love. I also got a lot of new songs on there, like the one with me and 50 Cent. It's hot. I'm glad we could do this. He's really a great person. Love you, Fif."

Kim's stance on 50 is a lot different from what she spat on The Naked Truth. The LP was laced with 50 disses. But lo and behold, a few weeks ago the two appeared out of nowhere on a new song called "Wanna Lick (Magic Stick 2)."

"Me and Fif always been really tight. We used to talk on the phone every day," she said about their relationship before their most recent falling-out and reconciliation. "He placed a call to me and I thought it was very big of him, and it was all very respectful. When we were on the phone with each other, we were being very careful to not step on each other's words. It's like the best reunion I think I ever had with a friend. He's really a good person. He had this idea [for the song] and he said, 'Don't nobody do it like you, Bee. I wanna make this "Magic Stick" part two.' Me and Fif got some surprises for y'all."

But just because Kim and 50 have made up, don't go looking for any Kim and Remy Ma collabos anytime soon. Kim just dissed Remy on a freestyle over 50 Cent's "I Get Money." The Queen Bee said it was retaliation.

"At the end of the day, I'm not gonna sit there and not say nothing," Kim said. "I spoke how I felt. She can take it how she wanna take it. She goes in on me, I go in back. It ain't even nothing to think about. At the end of the day, it's on wax, but whatever ... because if you go in on me, I got the right to go in on you — bottom line! Next! I don't even look at it as competition."

Kim and Remy were at least cordial at one point. "A lot of people was coming to me like, 'Why you say something about Remy?' ... These chicks kill me," she said. "One minute they wanna be my friend, then the next minute they on the radio going in on me. The next minute they on songs going in on me. I can't let nobody take that away from me. It's only but so much you can take."

Kim's tone gets playful when she talks about the title of female G.O.A.T. (Greatest of All Time). "I'm the hottest bi*ch out," she says in a playful whisper. "I'm real cocky these days, huh? I'm loving it.

"Shout out to all the females in the game," she added. "All females should have the right to be cocky and boast about what they do. One person might be the best at what they do. Trina is the best at what she does. She's the baddest bi*ch in the South. Missy is the baddest bi*ch, I'm the baddest bi*ch. It's gotta be love for the next person — love and work. It's art. At the end of the day, it is what it is."

Kim is almost out of her recording contract with Atlantic Records and says she might have a new album out as early as February. [x]


Remy Ma Diss
[Download]

No comments:

Post a Comment