Wednesday, December 5, 2007

New X-Men Cartoon To Premiere Next Fall?



Marvel's mutants could be returning to the small screen as early as fall 2008.

"We are in pre-production," Rollman said. "We have a nice batch of scripts that are done. It's a really neat new take on the X-Men."

Is it tough to do the X-Men again, following Fox Kids' X-Men and Kids' WB!'s X-Men: Evolution?

"I wouldn't say it's tough, I would say it's fun," Rollman said. "There's so much to do with them. Yeah, there's been two series that have been done, but there's plenty of room in this world. The point of view in this one, since it's called Wolverine and the X-Men, has quite a different twist to it as the sort of base story line."

Greg Johnson, who wrote the first four Marvel/Lionsgate animated films and was a story editor on X-Men: Evolution, is story editor. The first three episodes, which will air as the pilot for the series, are being written by Johnson.

Rollman said the series hasn't been sold to a network yet. [x]

Yes, I'm an Xmen fan. I can't wait to see this shit. And while I wasn't a big fan of the Evolution series, I was a huge fan of the Marvel series of the 90's. I'm not big on cartoons but this is one I'll definitely watch. Any X-men fans in the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment