Friday, July 17, 2009

Aventura's "Su Veneno" Video





I got to give my fellow Dominicans some love! I've been playing this song nonstop & I think it deserves a blog post, fuck it. This is my jam! Their new album The Last has been in heavy rotation in my crib. I'm a sucker for good Spanish music. If you were to look at my music library, you'd see a lot of P!nk, some Beyonce, random R&B/Dance/Hip Hop joints and hundreds upon hundreds of Spanish songs (Bachata, Merengue, Salsa). Maybe it's because I'm Dominican, I don't know. But the point is that whenever some good music comes out, I pay attention to it; especially if it's from Aventura.



For those who don't know who Aventura are, they're a Dominican Bachata music group who've quickly become one of Latin music's premier acts. You might remember a little song called Obsession (which was sung by Frankie J) that was popular back in 2005. Well that song was originally sung and written by Aventura, years before.





They've been around since the late 90's but didn't really blow up until 2002. In the Dominican Republic, you can't go ANYWHERE without hearing an Aventura song blasting on someone's radio. I've grown up listening to them & I remember when no one outside of D.R. knew who the fuck they were. Almost 10 years later, they're this big international award winning music group, with #1's all over the world. Not bad, not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment