Monday, November 16, 2009

Beyonce's "Video Phone" Video Featuring Lady Gaga (HQ)

Finally! Finally Beyonce. You have delivered a high quality video, up there with some of your best. Yes, I like it THAT much. Part of it feels like Check on It Part Deux, while the other half evidently pays tribute to the Kill Bill films. Whatever the case may be, I think the video is great. I know that opinions, especially when it comes to Beyonce, vary tremendously. Some said that Single Ladies was one of Beyonce's worst videos ever & look at the phenomenon it became. This video (which was directed by Hype Williams by the way) should help the single achieve some moderate level of success, at the least. Lady Gaga's appearance is cute but that's all it is. I don't really see the purpose of her being in the video (or song for that matter)other than to garner a lot of publicity for this A star collabo. I'm interested to see what Lady Gaga's video for Telephone (her next single) is going to be like as Beyonce is going to be playing in HER field.

Not much else to say. The video is hot. The song is a banger. The song/video's vibe takes me back to the B'Day era, when I used to jam to the likes of Kitty Kat and Get Me Bodied. If all goes well, this song will follow their footsteps and become another one of Beyonce's many, many, anthems. Uh uhhhhhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment