Sunday, December 28, 2008

Santo's Top 10 Songs Of 2008



10. A Milli (Lil Wayne)




9. Since You've Been Gone (Day 26)




8. I Luv Your Girl (The Dream)




7. Love In This Club Part 2 (Usher feat. Beyonce)




6. Am I Dreaming (Kat DeLuna feat. Akon)





5. Amnesia (Cherish)
This song flopped, undeservingly so. I was one of the few people I knew who loved this song. Maybe it's because no one even got to hear it. I don't know if I liked it because it sounded similar to N'Sync's Gone, or because I was going through something and the song just spoke to me. All I know is that this song still gets plays on my iTunes and it's a shame that radio didn't give this song a chance.



4. So What (P!nk)
P!nk is probably my favorite recording artist. Her albums have been consistently good. She knows how to switch it up and she's not afraid to take risks. Funhouse is my favorite album of 2008 and this song definitely re-introduced her with a bang. Reminiscent of her 2006 song Cuz I Can, this is P!nk at her best. I guarantee my 2009 list will be filled with a couple of P!nk tracks.



3. Single Ladies (Beyonce)
Get Me Bodied part 2. That's exactly what Single Ladies is. The funny thing is that the former flopped and the latter is quickly becoming one of her biggest hits. Maybe it's the video. Or no wait, the parodies. Or maybe it's those insanely awesome performances. Hmph, whatever the case, Beyonce has released another #1 banger and I'm loving it.



2. Bust Your Windows (Jazmine Sullivan)
While I've never busted anyone's windows (I was really close to though but that was way before the song was released), I can totally relate to the pain Jazmine Sullivan sings about in this gem of a track. The video was a huge disappointment but that didn't stop me from loving this song. No other song captured the emotion and vulnerability that Bust Your Windows did. So What came close, but this one takes the win.



1. Get Naked (Britney Spears)
The first time I heard this song, I fell in love with it. The hypnotizing production, the sexual chants, the insanely catchy hook; this is in my opinion, one of Britney Spear's best songs ever. As a matter of fact, this will probably go down as one of my favorite songs of all time. It's weird because not many people consider this song one of Blackout's standout tracks. I might be in the minority but it doesn't matter. No song this past year got more spins than this one did. My birthday is coming up in two months; I think I'm going to make it my birthday theme.

2008 was a good year in music. I developed a love for dance music and I hope to see more and more quality dance tracks in 2009. I have my eye on Lady Gaga & M.I.A. I see you Britney ("Kill The Lights," "If You Seek Amy" are my new obsessions). I hope Jazmine Sullivan breaks through to the mainstream world. Beyonce isn't going anywhere. Rihanna better drop another banger as good as Good Girl Gone Bad. P!nk has yet to disappoint me... let's keep it like that. Here's to 2009 being a good year in music. I'll be back tomorrow with my top videos and album picks of 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment