Monday, June 15, 2009

Beyonce's "Ego" Video Featuring Kanye West





This is one of the few songs on Beyonce's I Am... Sasha Fierce album that I absolutely love. Have you seen her perform this on her tour?



. . I love her big ego. What I don't love, however, is that horrible video she made for this wonderful song. Frank Gatson my man, I see what you were trying to do but it just didn't work. You actually failed, miserably. And Beyonce, I love you girl but we've seen parts of this video before, we saw it a few months ago in "Single Ladies" and we saw it when you released that pointless DVD Anthology (that should've been bundled with the album) on "Suga Mama." This video is wack as fuck. What's funny is that I actually like Kanye's intro(not his verse) more than the rest of the video. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the B'Day era, the quality of her videos dropped tremendously. Blah, the video is extremely underwhelming. I'm going to need her to look at some Pink (shit, or even Lady Gaga or dare I say Rihanna) videos so she can get inspired again.



I have a love/hate relationship with Beyonce. As big of a stan as I am, I have to say Beyonce needs to step her game up a little bit. She's slacking. Come on B. don't slack on me now. Where's the Beyonce who used to make videos like this:




.. or even this:



Girl, you are moving backwards. For someone who talks all day & might about how she wants to be iconic & a legend, the girl sure has a long way to go. These $2 videos ain't going to help you much. Talking about cheap videos, she's releasing a video anthology for this album (if she doesn't bundle it with the re-release of the album I'm going to go crazy) & I'm not looking forward to it in the least bit. Well, maybe just for the "Sweet Dreams" and "Video Phone" videos. Fuck it, who am I kidding? I love me some Beyonce, I just need for her to step her fucking game up. With all these messy ass double-singles releases & lackluster videos, she really needs to look at the current reigning Pop radio Queen, Lady Gaga, and see how shit is done. Yea, I said it. End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment