Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ginuwine to Release New Album "A Man's Thoughts"



Ginuwine will be releasing his first album since 2005's Back II Da Basics on June 23rd. The first single, Last Chance, has been out since March and has been receiving a decent amount of spins on R&B stations.



Ginuwine ain't what he used to be. Do you remember when he used to make videos like this? Or this? Ugh. I always thought he was more talented than his peers but was never as successful (Usher & more recently Justin Timberlake). His first two albums were near classics and unfortunately, I don't think Ginuwine is ever going to be able to match the success and/or quality of his earlier work.



As for his new single, I ain't really feeling it. Last Chance sounds like it belongs in in a 90's compilation, with it's dated production and corny ass lyrics. Hopefully the album contains better material but I'm not holding my breath.
Ginuwine's new album A Man's Thoughts features production by Timbaland (one track from what I hear), Polow Da Don and The Underdogs among others & is scheduled for release on June 23rd. Check out the official tracklisting below:

1. Interlude
2. Show Off
3. Trouble feat. Bun B
4. Last Chance
5. Interlude
6. One Time For Love
7. Open the Door
8. Get Involved feat. Timbaland & Missy Elliott
9. Orchestra
10. Touch Me
11. Lying to Each Other
12. Even When I'm Mad
13. Bridge to Love feat. Brandy
14. Used to Be the One
15. Show Me the Way

I leave you with some behind the scenes footage of Ginuwine shooting his next two videos, Touch and Trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment