Monday, October 8, 2007

I don't have time for this shit...

I almost got myself into an altercation a couple of days ago, which could've resulted in me loosing my job, getting kicked out of school and last but not least, gotten seriously fucked up.

I arrive at school after a long day of work with only thing on my mind: sleep. As I am getting ready to knock the fuck out, I receive a phone call from a semi-close friend of mine, Jaz. The conversation lasts not even 10 seconds but I heard enough to know that she was in trouble. Sounded like she was arguing with someone and it was getting violent. I ran down the stairs and ran to her building to make sure she was alright and to see who had put their hands on her.

I see her in front of her room, retelling the story to a whole bunch of random people. "He pushed me, I don't let nobody push me. Why the fuck he touch me for? We were drinking and he just went nuts. He scratched me." I had heard enough. Obviously someone had put their hands on her. "Where is this kid at Jaz?" One of the random folks standing there told me that the guy was in front of the building smoking a cig and that his name was Shawn.

So I made my way to the front of the building, and saw about 13 people smoking cigs. Iight, cool. "Who the fuck here is Shawn?" No one answered. By this point everyone was outside trying to see what the fuck was happening. Jaz kept telling me it was OK, that it wasn't worth it. "Yo Jaz who is it?"

So, I'm just standing there and I see her ask someone for a cig. There's a group of 3 there. She smokes the cig and then comes back to me. "Santo, don't do nothing. Don't worry about it. I'll handle it on my own." So, the group of guys go inside and it then hit me that Shawn was one of the three that went in. I asked her if it was him and Jaz tells me "It's him." Before she could say "him" I ran inside the building and chased his ass down. He made it inside the elevator right before I got to him. I had a group of like 3 guys with me, who I didn't even know but they were down for whatever. I went up the stairs and looked for him in the four floors, but I did not see Shawn anywhere.

Jaz was pushing and screaming at me telling me not to do anything. "You fucking idiot, Jaz. How the fuck you gonna call me over here and tell me not to do anything. Fuck you. How you gonna let some guy hit you and act like it's ok. You don't know the guy and you acting like shit is normal. How did you not call the cops? Why didn't you and your friends do something besides stand there like idiots? Huh?"

After looking for him I gave up and sat outside. She smoked another cig and retold the story at least 4 times to a whole bunch of people. I don't know why, but it hit me. "What the fuck am I doing? Why am I overreacting if this bitch is just sitting there telling the story like it's a movie or some shit." The guy walked out and I had the only urge to just go up to him and punch him. But I didn't. I felt like it wasn't worth it. I felt like... she wasn't worth it.

I simply walked away. I went to my room and went to bed. The next day, I woke up and went by her room to check up on her and guess who she was hanging out with all nonchalantly? Ha. Sometimes I ask myself, why do I even bother. I don't have time for this shit, I really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment