Saturday, October 27, 2007

Random R&B News

New Kelly Rowland Track

Kelly Rowland has hooked up with Gym Class Heroes on a track entitled "Daylight", and it's set to appear on the re-release of her sophomore album "Miss Kelly".


Beyonce Busy Working On New Album

"I'm supposed to be on vacation, but I've been in the studio because that's what I love to do. I don't feel like it's my job. It's a blessing for me to be able to do what I love. That's how it is for everyone who loves music. I knew it would be difficult for him because it's a part of our makeup."


Jive Records Drops Kelis

Kelis has been dropped from Jive Records. "It was a case of being in the ever-shrinking world of the record industry and finding herself on a label she wasn't signed to and without a champion," says Kelis' manager, Jeff Rabhan. "She's a different kind of artist — very image and style-driven. It's either something you get or you don't."

Kelis has been working on an indie dance record with Cee-Lo. A full-on pop effort with Guy Chambers (Robbie Williams) will be shopped around soon. "We're not opposed to another major label deal, but it would have to be non-traditional," adds Rabhan. Kelis is also in talks to host a Project Runway-like show on VH1 and is auditioning for numerous TV and film roles.


Alicia Keys' 2nd Single


No comments:

Post a Comment