Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Unoriginal Songs



I always thought "Cleaning Out My Closet" was an original production, but apparently it was sampled:

Eminem - "Cleaning Out My Closet"

Minnie Ripperton - "Can You Feel What I'm Saying"

It's the exact same thing. Dre just turned up the bass and took out the background vocals.

Same sh*t with Pharell and his joint "Frontin." It samples Curtis Mayfield: "Right On For The Darkness"

Timbaland has sampled (or stolen) nearly every song he's ever produced. Most obvious example is Aaliyah's "I Care 4 U" which is the exact same song as The Newcomer's "Too Little In Common To Be Lovers".

There's nothing wrong with sampling but at least give credit where credit is due. I honestly don't know how some of these producers get away with this shit. I mean, aren't there copyrights on these productions?

No comments:

Post a Comment