Monday, February 11, 2008

Santo's Grammy Post...

I know I'm late as fuck but I had shit to do last night. So here we go.

First of all... Queen B rocked that shit.







Kanye West was definitely glowing last night.





Congratulations to Amy Winehouse on winning 5 Grammys. I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Lauryn Hill, Norah Jones, Beyonce, Alicia Keys have all won 5 Grammys in one night. Mrs. Winehouse won:

Record Of The Year
Song Of The Year
Best New Artist
Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
Best Pop Vocal Album

She took over. Congrats to her. Now let's hope she gets off those damn drugs. :-/

Kanye West took home four trophies. Justin Timberlake and Alicia Keys won two. Lupe Fiasco, Ne-yo, Rihanna and Barack Obama (yes, Barack Obama) each won one.

Now... onto the videos...

Beyonce Intro




Beyonce & Tina Performing Proud Mary



Kanye West Performing Stronger
Part 1



Kanye West Performing "Hey Mama"
Part 2



Rihanna & The Time



Alicia Keys & Frank Sinatra



Alicia Keys & John Mayer


Random Thoughts
- Overall I was bored. The only performance I thoroughly enjoyed was Kanye West's.
- I'm extremely happy Lupe Fiasco won that Grammy for Daydreamin.
- Alicia Keys now has 11 Grammys. God damn.
- I did not like that Tina/Beyonce performance. Talk about hyping that shit up.
- Rihanna cannot perform for her life. What good is it to have catchy ass singles if you can't do shit with them? She's a pretty girl... that's where it starts and ends.



- Why is it that I'm beginning to believe that Rihanna and Jay-Z did in fact have something "going on" before? Did you see how she went and grabbed Jay-z when she won her Grammy? Ring the alarm...
- I hate that damn Rehab song. It did not deserve to win, in my opinion, let alone get nominated.





- Pure ignorance or genius marketing strategy?

No comments:

Post a Comment