Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Taylor Kitsch To Star As Gambit





According to Superhero Hype!, "Friday Night Lights" star Taylor Kitsch has been cast as "Gambit" in the new "Wolverine" film. He's signed a a three-picture deal.

He'll be joining Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth), Danny Huston (William Stryker) and Lynn Collins (Silver Fox) in the 20th Century Fox release, opening May 1, 2009.

Leading up to the events of X-Men, "Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

As you all know, I'm a big fan of Friday Night Lights. I'm an even bigger fan of X-men (not the movies). You would think I'd be cheering but I'm not. I don't think Kitsch is the best actor suited for this role. I personally would like to have seen 'Lost' star Josh Holloway, as Gambit.



The accent, the look... I think Josh Holloway would've captured that to the tea. Oh well. I hope Kitsch can pull this off. The X-Men movies suffered tremendously in part because of the horrible casting (Anna Paquin as Rogue? Come on now.) Kitsch doesn't come across as a versatile actor. I'm crossing my fingers for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment