Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Beyonce's New Singles Premiere



Beyonce is back! Both of her new singles, If I Were A Boy and Single Ladies leaked earlier this morning and I must say, I'm impressed.

If I Were A Boy, produced by Tony Gad ("Big Girls Don't Cry"), showcases a different side and sound of Beyonce, both in it's lyrical content and vocal performance. The acoustic verses, the powerful hook, risky lyrics all mesh up will in this mid-tempo ballad. I think this song will be huge hit for her and will resonate with a lot of females out there. Job well done Beyonce, you've taken a risk for the first time in your career. You've chosen a song that's nothing like we're accustomed to hearing from you and you've made it your first single. Listen to If I Were A Boy here.



Single Ladies (produced by The Dream) is going to be my party anthem; I can already see the kids at the club going crazy with this. The off-beat production and catchy chants are what make this song work (reminiscent of "Get Me Bodied"); this is a #1 smash for her, mark my words. I just hope she delivers with this video, please Beyonce, do not fail me now. I can not wait to see her perform this live. Listen to this future club banger here.

Beyonce's album will be titled I Am... and hits stores November 18th. Check out this fantastic footage of Beyonce rehearsing for the videos and talking about her new album.







I'm impressed. I'm happy. I'm excited. The album is barely one month away (November 18th) and considering the short amount of time she has left to promote, we will be be seeing a lot of her, everywhere. I can't fucking wait. And it has begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment