Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sarah Palin Says "Homosexuality is a Choice"



I really can't stand this lady. I can go on & on & on about why I dislike her so much but what's that point? Yea, she's inexperienced, clueless, an idiot and we can now add ignorant to the list as well.

The Republican vice presidential candidate recently sat down with Katie Couric and shared her views on homosexuality:




Palin: Well, it matters though, Katie, when the media gets it wrong. It frustrates Americans who are just trying to get the facts and … be able to make up their mind on, about a person's values. So it does matter.

But what you're talking about, I think, value here, what my position is on homosexuality and you can pray it away, because I think that was the title that was listed on that bulletin. And you know, I don't know what prayers are worthy of being prayed. I don't know what's prayers are going to be asked and answered. But as for homosexuality, I am not going to judge Americans and the decisions that they make in their adult personal relationships. I have one of my absolute best friends for the last 30 years happens to be gay, and I love her dearly. And she is not my "gay friend," she is one of my best friends, who happens to have made a choice that isn't a choice that I have made. But I am not going to judge people.


Should these comments come as a surprise? Mind you, this is the same woman who does not believe in evolution and global warming and wants to drill for oil in Alaska. Right. Of course she's going to believe that homosexuality is a "choice," what does she know? She has the nerve to say she's been "absolute best friends" with a gay woman yet shows no knowledge or understanding of what it is to be a homosexual, which is made obvious by her ignorant comments. Quite disturbing. I would like this woman to explain to me why anyone in their right mind would choose to be gay, why anyone would chose to endure the discrimination and cruelty many of us gays are subjected to. Please, Ms. Palin, explain to me how one's sexuality is something you can just "pray away."

She makes me sick to my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment