Sunday, October 19, 2008

R.I.P. Grandma



My grandmother passed away yesterday. She had been living with Hepatitis C for about 10 years. She died in her sleep early Saturday morning. I broke down crying just a little while ago... I can't even begin to to imagine the pain my mom is going through, who's the one would found her dead. As most of you know, I'm Dominican and half of my family lives in the Dominican Republic. I called my mom earlier and she couldn't even talk on the phone... crying hysterically. Just, wow. :( :( :( :(

Grandma, I can't believe you're gone. You were always there for me. Such an intelligent woman, so tender yet so strong, so caring, so loving... yet you lived a life full of suffering and pain. Though I miss you... and your silly jokes and pranks... and your wonderful words of wisdom... I'm happy that you're finally at peace. Thank you for giving birth to my beautiful mother, who I can't ever imagine losing, so I can't even begin to feel her pain. I'm sorry I never gave you that family picture you wanted that I took of everyone last summer. I fucking love you abuela, I know you're looking out for us from above. May your soul finally rest in peace.


- Santo

No comments:

Post a Comment