Friday, October 3, 2008

Lot's Of Beyonce News Today...

First things first, Beyonce's two new singles will premiere next week (October 7th). The anticipation is through the roof right now. Mrs. Carter even released a statement via her website:

I wanted to address my fans about my upcoming album.
I have worked on this album for close to one year. I have taken the time so I can create my sound. Something that says who I am at this stage in my life. I have poured my heart and soul into it. It is my baby. It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child when I was 15 years old. I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me. I am in a different place right now and I wanted people to see the many sides of me. The music is upbeat for the dance, fun side and it is reflective, passionate and serious for the personal side. I have taken risks here. I am not afraid and my music will explain it all. There is no label or tag on my sound. It's me and I am so excited to share it with the world on November 18."

Love,

Beyoncé


Oh boy, I can't wait to hear her new stuff. Is this the classic album Beyonce fans have been waiting for? We shall see.

Beyonce performed at the 2008 Bermuda Music Festival. Check out this article I found on AOL's BlackVoices.com.















Yes, Beyonce Knowles is married.

Yes, she's still putting out her brand new album next month.

And yes, she's still wowing international audiences with her exhilarating performances.

Last night, the multiple Grammy Award winning superstar weathered tropical rain storms and delivered an over-two-hour set of songs and dance that thrilled eager masses at the National Sports Centre on the tiny, little island of Bermuda.

It was her first show since performing overseas last November. And the 'Bootylicious' diva was in tip-top form.

From the Destiny's Child chart-toppers 'Survivor,' 'Independent Woman,' and the near 10-year-old platter 'Say My Name,' to her solo hits 'Dangerously In Love,' 'Me, Myself and I,' 'Get Me Bodied' and the song she said was her favorite to sing, 'Irreplaceable,' Beyonce gave the drenched audience a whole lot more than they bargained for, with what seemed like an endless stream of infectious songs.

Unlike other "divas," who perform at Caribbean music festivals, the 'Dreamgirls' star didn't hold back on all of her vocal bravado -- and didn't restrict massive jumbotron screens from getting up-close and personal visuals of her while sweating up a storm of her very own onstage.

"This is the first time I'm seeing her live and I am amazed," exclaimed Laverne Fenn, a frequent visitor to Bermuda from Atlanta, who partook in the second night festivities of the "2008 Bermuda Festival," which also included opening acts Solange Knowles and Lyfe Jennings.

While Beyonce – as she is affectionately known as -- didn't showcase any new songs from her forthcoming yet-to-be-titled album – due out Nov. 18 – she did offer the first live concert version of her rendition of the Etta James' classic 'At Last,' which she sang with much passion. While mentioning her connection to the legendary R&B singer (she plays her in the upcoming movie 'Cadillac Records'), the 27-year-old powerhouse advised the audience to google information about the 70-year-old trailblazer if they were not familiar.

BlackVoices.com has learned exclusively that the eagerly-anticipated opus will feature a new collaboration between Beyonce and Solange.

"I actually wrote a record for her, 'Why Don't You Love Me?' and I'm so excited," Solange revealed backstage while Beyonce was taking the stage. "It's kind of a twist to it. It's not a passive, whiney, 'Why don't you love me?' [song]," she furthered. "It's basically like you're a fool if you don't love me because I'm fly, I'm smart, My money's right and I don't need you for nothing and therefore you should love me."

"[It's] something that says who I am at this stage in my life ... It is my baby," Beyonce continued.

From the looks and sound of the massive Bermudian crowd, including some who waited hours to see her, it's one baby that will be welcomed with joy. [x]




And finally, the most interesting Beyonce news of the day: SAFM (107.1) has heard Beyonce's new single and video and they're loving it.


It doesn't hit radio until Thursday, but we can confidently say Beyonce's brand new song 'If I Was a Boy' is going to be a certified smash.

We just got back from Sony HQ where we got a sneak peek of both the song and its video and came away gob-smacked.

Veering away from the urban edge of her last album B'Day and returning to the pop roots, 'If I Was a Boy' is a huge-sounding emotional ballad with Beyonce's voice sounding better than ever.

Penned by Danish hitmaker Toby Gad who wrote Fergie's 'Big Girls Don't Cry', it's bound to follow in that track's footsteps and strike a chord with females world-wide. It's going to be huge!

The video - shot in black and white - expands the song's theme of relationship role reversal and sees B become the man in her relationship (no, hubby Jay Z's not in it) who just happens to be a cop. That's right - Beyonce in a police uniform! Smokin' hot! [x]


Argh, the excitement is killing me. I'm so surprised the songs haven't leaked yet; they ain't playing this time around.

With new releases from Pink and Beyonce this fall, I'm going to be one happy fan; as long as they deliver the goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment