Monday, January 12, 2009

Christina Milian "Us Against The World" Video

Wow, I didn't expect to like this video so much. I love it. I like the fact that it wasn't shot in color nor black and white. I think the desert theme worked well for this song and she looks gorgeous throughout the entire video. The eye candy that comes in near the end is drop dead gorgeous as well. This is the type of video I expected for Beyonce's Halo. I think she has a hit in her hands. Good job Ms. Milian. I'm impressed.

In other Christina Milian news, in an interview with Rap-Up magazine, she dishes out on why she was dropped, talks about Rihanna, Keyshia Cole & her new album.




Why she was dropped from Def Jam:
I was literally dropped[laughs]. It was a week after my album got put out. Everybody thought it was a little longer than that, but it was literally a week later.

It was a budget cut I believe. They were figuring out who they were gonna spend money on and who was not worth it. I heard things like it was because I didn't record Rihanna's "S.O.S." I wasn't supposed to that record. When people use that excuse, it's B.S. I personally believe I would've been worth it. I had a second single ["Gonna Tell Everybody"] that I think would've killed the game.

Her reaction to being dropped by L.A. Reid:
I just got back from doing some radio promo in Puerto Rico when I got the call from L.A. Reid telling me he had to let me go. I felt my heart jump and fall, just fall out of my chest. I went home, slept on it, and the next day it really hit me. I thought "This has been my whole life. This is all I know. Def Jam has been a part of what labels me." I definitely cried.

Only a few certain people cared to call me. I was really embarrassed for a while and very hurt by it and I didn't want to be in the studio. I did not want to make music or be around any music people. I would be in my room crying by myself. I had a lot of downtime, so I would be sitting there on the blogs, reading what people had to say, hurting myself more, like an idiot.

Who reached out to her:
Keyshia Cole and Amerie. They both called to say sorry and spread good words and to say don't stop. Same thing happened when I bumped into Janet Jackson at a club. We talked for an hour and she said "Girl, do not let them stop you. I'm a fan and you make good music." She's a person I actually looked up to growing up, so her telling me that really was the day I was like, "I'm not gonna let these people hold me down. It's time".

Fortunately I had Dre around to, Dre stuck by my side. He would talk to me nights that I was crying asking him "What did I do wrong?"

On Def Jams broken promises:
Before the album dropped, the label and especially L.A. Reid were telling me "It's gonna be a slow start. We already know it's not gonna have immediate crazy album sales, but because we're going urban and it's a new audience for you, we believe in you and we're gonna stick behind you. I have your back". Then when the album dropped and only sold 50-something thousand, I was nervous and called L.A. Reid and he was still like "I got your back." So I'm thinking I'm cool, and then I get that call, it was kinda just like a huge downer.

On the Rihanna situation:
I used to be a pop artist, so when I did my last album they told me to go street. But then I felt like when you started to hear some of Rihanna's music, it was more in the direction of what I was originally doing. I really had no idea until right towards the end of making my last album. I started to pay attention. They were starting to use a lot of the same photographers and stuff for our album shoots.

I felt they probably got rid of projects like mine to spend the money they would've spent on me on her. If that's what they did it worked.

On her new album title 'Dream In Color':
I'm always dreaming. I think my life is a dream. I don't wanna live a black & white lifestyle. With the previous label I felt like my dreams were in black & white. As things started to get more vivid again, and it started to get exciting, I felt I dreamed in color again.

On working with Toby Gad:
We did a record that actually had to do with everything that went on between me and the old label. The record is about this one really bad day. I had broken down and had this deathly feeling over me. I was by myself and Dre came to my rescue. He was there for me to talk to and that's what the record is about. It's a totally heavy record.

On her relationship with Dre:
It's very good. Still together, holdin' strong. I built him a 1964 Impala from scratch, I made it real West Coast. I'm not thinking about marriage right now, but in the future...

On Nick Cannon & Mariah:
I was surprised like everyone else, but I was happy for him. I always feel nick works hard to get what he wants, whether that be a woman-that's how he got me[laughs]. He's a beautiful person, and regardless of what I felt in the past at the the time, I actually forgive him and I'm very much over that.

When I think about it now, I'm like, "We were so young." He was a good boyfriend for me at the time, but it just wasn't meant to be. I'm really happy for him, but I was definitely shocked like everybody else. Especially Mariah! It seems she's really picky. You never really know who she's dating. So I bought People magazine[laughs].

On Prince being a mentor:
Prince is a good friend of mine. He's really cool. He's a genius in everything that he does, but he's a real inspiration for me. He's inspired me in a lot of ways and it's a good to know that somebody like him is around that I can go to for advice. He's very funny to.

Upcoming plans for the New Year:
To kill the game and come out with a second single that's gonna kill it in the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment