Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kat DeLuna Signs To Universal, Preps Single With Lil Wayne



Ah, so it appears the Kat does have nine lives. According to Billboard.com, pop singer Kat DeLuna ("Whine Up"), who was dropped for her label (Epic Records) last October, has found a new home at Universal Motown. "DeLuna is now under the wing of Universal Motown’s Executive VP, Sylvia Rhone, who’s shepherded the careers of groundbreaking female artists like Missy Elliott and En Vogue." She is scheduled to release a new album later this year. The first single, titled Unstoppable, features Lil Wayne and is set to impact radio in March. Check out these new behind the scenes photos of her video shoot. I'm LOVING her new look.

Update: You can listen to a 30 second snippet of Unstoppable here. After listening to it a couple times, I have to say I'm loving this already. Sounds like a club banger! I'm hearing RedOne produced this.













I was a big fan of Kat DeLuna's first (flop) album and I blame the record label for it's failure. They waited too long to release a second single and didn't give the girl any promotion whatsoever besides a performance on some morning shows here and there. It's interesting that Lady Gaga (which I also love) is topping the charts right now with her RedOne produced tracks, considering that RedOne produced the bulk of Kat DeLuna's debut album. Maybe the second time is a charm for Ms. DeLuna. Asides from Lil Wayne, she's rumored to have been working with Mark Ronson, Akon and RedOne again amongst others. I leave you with the (unreleased) videos for In The End and Am I Dreaming, two of my favorite Kat DeLuna tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment