Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Video That Inspired "Get Me Bodied"

The 1966 Broadway musical Sweet Charity was THE inspiration for Beyonce's Get Me Bodied video. But I recently found out that Beyonce wasn't the only one who was inspired by the amazing musical. It's interesting to me how work from previous decades still manages to remain relevant to this day.

Sweet Charity


Baby Spice


Freemasons


Beyonce

I liked this video a lot, especially the dance break at the end. That being said, you can tell it was a low budget shoot. This song should've been bigger than it was. I've always said that Get Me Bodied should've been the FIRST single (followed be Freekum Dress and Irreplaceable), not the last one. It's amazing how Single Ladies (a.k.a. Get Me Bodied lite) has managed to become this huge phenomenon when the "original" unfortunately flopped. This song is definitely in my top five favorite Beyonce songs, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment