Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 Golden Globe Winners



2009 was a good year in film. This year had more good films than I can remember. Let's see... The Dark Knight, fucking superb. Revolutionary Road, phenomenal. The Curios Case Of Benjamin Button, intriguing. Pineapple Express, ridiculous funny. Milk, movie of the year (imo). Anyhow, I'm not really big on the Golden Globes but considering some of my favorites own, I felt obligated to write a little something.


First things first, I'm so glad Anna Paquin won for her role in True Blood. The show's slowly becoming one of the most intriguing dramas on TV. I'm shocked she won. Congrats to her!


I personally would have given the award to Dexter, but I'm biased. That being said, the second season of Mad Men was amazing. I guess it was about time the award shows started recognizing this show.


I <3 Kate Winslet. Not only did she win for Best Actress for her role in Revolutionary Road, which was phenomenal, she also won Best Supporting Actress for The Reader (which I have yet to see). Just, wow. Check out one of her amazing acceptance speeches below:




And last but not least... congratulations to Heath Ledger (R.I.P.) for his Best Supporting Actor win for The Dark Knight. Hopefully he can win at the Oscars as well.

2009 Golden Globe Winners

Motion Picture, Drama
Slumdog Millionaire

Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Director, Motion Picture
Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire

Actress, Motion Picture, Drama
Kate Winslet, Revolutionary Road

Actor, Motion Picture, Drama
Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler

Actress, Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
Sally Hawkins, Happy-Go-Lucky

Actor, Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
Colin Farrell, In Bruges

Supporting Actor, Motion Picture
Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

Supporting Actress, Motion Picture
Kate Winslet, The Reader

You can see the full list of winners here.

No comments:

Post a Comment