Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kat DeLuna Graces Cover Of Latina Magazine



On being a role model: "I try to show everyone I'm a real girl. I want them to see that you can make it places but always be yourself. I feel like I'm opening doors for the generation sort of stuck between what's Spanish and what's English."

On why she thinks people compare her to Rihanna: "I guess because we're both Caribbean girls trying to make it. It doesn't bother me at all."

On singing in English versus Spanish
: "When I'm singing in Spanish, I feel more passionate. It's just prettier. Sultry. But when I'm singing in English, I feel like a diva. I'm in control—let's go get 'em! It's funny because you'd expect my sauciness to come from my Latina-ness, but it totally comes from the urban American girl."

On forming her first girl group, Coquette, in high school: "I was very strict. Like, 'We can't be late, we're gonna get on this diet.' I always thought, 'The time is gonna come, and we have to be prepared.'"

On coming up from a childhood of poverty: "I don't ever wanna go back to feeling that hunger, or [feeling] limited, like I'll never make it anywhere because I didn't even have one dollar to catch the bus. This is what pushes me to go. I'd say, 'I'm gonna sing to make money soon day I can buy my mom a house.' It's a dream, but in the end it becomes my savior."


Her re-release will be in stores on April 29th. It has been confirmed that a new version of Am I Dreaming, featuring Akon, will be the third single. A video has already been shot.

In the meantime, go watch the Run The Show video. I'll have the scans up tomorrow. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment