Monday, September 22, 2008

Jazmine Sullivan "Fearless" In Stores Today



Lions, Tigers & Bears


Bust Your Window


Philly singer/songwriter Jazmine Sullivan's debut album Fearless finally hits stores today. The album features the #1 R&B single Need U Bad which was produced by Missy Elliott.

I have to tell you, I'm in love with this album. This has to be the best album I've heard since Amy Winehouse's stellar Back 2 Black. Coincidentally so, the album features production from Salaam Remi which also produced tracks for Amy.

Bust Your Windows has got to be one of the best tracks I've heard all year. Maybe it's because I can relate... not to her smashing windows... but to the pain and betrayal she went through in her relationship. The smash single Need U Bad and the riveting In Love With Another Man showcase her songwriting skills and her unique vocals.

Even with all the Amy Winehouses, Duffys, Estelles and (even) Solanges out there, Jazmine Sullivan is a complete breath of fresh air that is very much needed in the music scene right now. The girl is extremely talented and I recommend all of you to go out and give this album a buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment