Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pink Scores First Top 5 Hit In Seven Years



Billboard Hot 100

1 1 T.I. WHATEVER YOU LIKE
2 2 RIHANNA DISTURBIA
9 3 PINK SO WHAT
3 4 CHRIS BROWN FOREVER
6 5 M.I.A. PAPER PLANES

Pink's single So What jumped six spots this week to #3 making it her highest charting solo single ever, and her first top five hit since Get The Party Started peaked at #4 back in 2001. The song is currently #1 on iTunes. At this rate, Pink will probably be #1 next week. I say it's about damn time my favorite artist gets recognized. I'm Not Dead was heavily slept on, even though it still managed to sell over a million copies. But it looks like this time around Pink is finally going to get the recognition and mainstream success she deserves. =]

Pink is scheduled to perform at this year's VMAs which airs September 7th. Her album Funhouse hits stores October 28th.

And just for the hell of it, here's the video. I <3 this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment