Sunday, April 6, 2008

Keyshia Cole Working On "Love" Album



Keyshia Cole has creative juices that never seem to stop flowing. In order to remain relevant in such a fickle industry, the R&B soul diva has decided that she will quickly release a third solo project, tentatively titled Love, before the end of the year. BET.com caught up with the R&B princess at BET’s Spring Bling to find out what exactly she had in store for the remainder of 2008.

“I’m recording a new album right now," says the Oakland native. "Actually, it’s gonna be released for Christmas. It’s gonna be more of a love album. It’s gonna be more about the good side of love."

Though Ms. Cole denies having a romantic relationship, the singer says her love belongs to her family and her music, which she is ready to take in a different direction. Keyshia explained, “I’m calling it The Love Album, but that could change. I’m just focusing on the subjects of love that make you happy. I just wanna switch it up a little bit. That’s all.”

With a new body of work in progress, Keyshia believes her release date will propel her new project, The Love Album, to record-breaking sales figures. “I wanna do a million my first week," she says. "That’s when they drop...on Christmas time. Everybody is ready to spend their cash on the artists, so I wanna be one of those artists this time…see if I can do 780,000. We definitely have to see what that’s about.” [x]

After listening to her second album non-stop for the last couple of months, I can finally say that her second album is better than her first; no doubt about it. While I don't think she should've released Heaven Sent as the 4th single (Fallin' Out would've been a way better choice, and don't even get me started on that boring ass Heaven Sent video), I do give her props for stepping her game up with her second album, both artistically and vocally. She's doing her thing. As for a Love album? I guess we had to see that coming, I mean, all of Keyshia Cole's songs are about how bad, horrible or wrong men are, have treated her or her relationships have been. Somewhere down her career she was going to have to switch it up; I just didn't expect it to be this fast. Either way, I'm loving Keyshia Cole. I might not like her videos this "era," but her music speaks to my soul and I hope that she keeps on doing that with her future albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment