Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History Has Been Made!



Words cannot express the way I'm feeling right now. I am in awe; shocked; ecstatic; America has elected Barack Obama as the 44th president of the United States. I'm so proud to have been able to be a part of this historic moment, that will never be forgotten.



I was at work when I received the text from my best friend that read "OMG, WE DID IT! HE WON! BARACK OBAMA HAS BEEN ELECTED PRESIDENT!" I swear to you, within five seconds the entire college campus went nuts. Students stormed out their dorms and apartments and started screaming and chanting "Obama" in celebration of Obama's victory. I have never in my life felt so grateful to be an American. I was almost driven to tears; seeing hundreds and hundreds of students running around with their Obama posters and signs displaying their excitement. I joined in on the pandemonium. It's a moment I will never forget, the day change won and history was made and I was a part of it.

Congratulations! We did it! We actually did it! History has been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment